About this Campaign
The Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration Highway Safety Office (MHSO) Traffic Safety Ambassador program is a 5-month, statewide, peer-to-peer, volunteer opportunity designed to engage young adults aged 16-20 years old in promoting safe driving practices on Maryland roadways. Participants will develop real-world skills through meet-ups, training, and webinars led by industry experts and facilitators in community engagement, storytelling through art, public speaking, and social media. Participants will have a chance to win prizes including gift cards and laptops, and will be acknowledged at an awards banquet in 2019.
Why Become a #MDSAFETEENDRIVER Traffic Safety Ambassador?
• Build a portfolio for senior projects, internships, work and learns, and other educational projects;
• Get student learning hours;
• Gain in-demand skills;
• Connect with community leaders and industry experts; and
• Win prizes!
• Must be 16-20 years of age (no license required)
• Maryland resident
• Access to a computer
What Is Expected?
• Promote the MHSO's #towardzerodeathsmd mission on social media (or while attending community events);
• Create content related to core MHSO emphasis areas, i.e. seat belt use, aggressive driving, impaired driving, distracted driving, and pedestrian and bicyclist safety;
• Commit to engaging in at least 2 learning modules; and
• Produce quality work that can be shared on the MHSO website and with community partners.
How do I access webinars and training?
Applicants will be given access to web portals and details on respective emphasis areas in their region.
MD MVA's HSO
registered 1 year ago